Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Seth's 5th Birthday Party

We had a robot-themed birthday party for Seth at Aubree's Pizzeria in Dexter, Michigan, on Saturday, August 18. Seth chose the theme as well as the color scheme. He decided the colors should be purple, blue, and green because they are his, Daddy's and Mommy's favorite colors, respectively. I had originally thought of orange and turquoise, but I wasn't going to argue with adorable logic like that.

I designed the robots myself using Inkscape, an open source vector imaging program (and my favorite program as of today). I used the robots on the cupcake toppers, favor tags, and invitation.

We were a little disappointed that quite a few people were not able to attend, but we still had a nice time, and Seth now has a supply of new video games and videos that should keep him occupied for a while!