Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The End of British Culture

Last week marked the middle of our spring semester, so Benjamin and I have been busy holding office hours, proctoring exams, and grading midterms. It's nice to be over the "hump" of the semester, and the weeks before we fly back to the States will speed by. My British Culture and Literature class was only half a semester, so instead of a midterm they took their final exams last week. I really enjoyed teaching culture classes (I do have an MA in Cross-cultural Studies, after all), though it was certainly a challenge coming up with all that material! I got to know quite of few of my students rather well, and I have to say that they were a pleasure to teach--for the most part.

To celebrate the end of British Culture classes we went out for Indian food with Erin, the other professor who taught it. We thought we should have British food, but we didn't really know where to find it, so we settled for the food from another Commonwealth nation. The pictures below are of my two British Culture classes (they were small--only 19 students each) and Seth and Benjamin the night we went out for Indian food.